The editors of CRM Magazine, a publication of CRM Media (owners of destinationCRM.com too), announced the winners of the seventh edition of CRM Market Awards (2008). The results are based on the overall evolution of the participating companies over the past 12 months, and were made public at the destinationCRM 2008 conference.
This year they have reviewed applications in 10 categories, which justifies the lengthy (27 pages) presentation that can be viewed online in digital format at http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/crmmedia/crm0908/
Starting with Influential Leaders and Rising Stars and ending with the Market Leaders and The Elite, the editors of the CRM Magazine have analyzed the most important CRM products and companies awarding for each category its prestigious prize. The winners have been chosen based on a proprietary selection formula that calculates a composite score based on customer satisfaction, depth of functionality, company direction, services offered and ability to execute.
The ten industries covered are:
- Enterprise Suite CRM - Oracle's CRM On Demand selected as the winner
- Midmarket Suite CRM - Awarded to Salesforce.com
- Small business suite crm - winner was Maximizer Software, surpisingly (or not) surpassing Zoho CRM, SugarCRM, Salesforce and Netsuite
- Sales Force Automation - Won again by Salesforce.com
- Incentive Management - Callidus Software was selected as the winner
- Marketing Automation - Awarded to Unica
- Business Intelligence - Winner: SAS Institute
- Data Quality - Winner was SAS Institute's DataFlux
- Open Source CRM - SugarCRM won this, surpassing vTiger, xTuple, Compiere and Centric CRM
- Consultancies - Awarded to Deloitte
For detailed reviews you should check the digital version of the CRM Magazine at http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/crmmedia/crm0908/ which offers valuable insight for each CRM application/company.