CNET organizes yearly an award program, Webware 100, where webware.com users vote for their favorite Web 2.0 apps. Since the 2007 edition had about 480,000 votes, you can consider it quite important.
Voting started already and it will run until March 31, 2008 (duhh), winners to be announced on April 21. From 5000 or so submissions, the editors of webware picked 30 products that were categorized in 10 sections to ease the voting procedure. Each IP has 3 votes to cast per category, so a total of 30 votes (wonder if this means that those 480k votes they had last year could actually be 480k/30 as they were not uniquelly counted?).
In the Productivity section Salesforce.com and ZOHO are nominated as well as other CRM related web 2.0 applications. If you're one of the lucky nominees make sure that you promote the voting page to your existing customers. It's not your regular CRM award but if there's a place for crm applications it means something. The ten categories are:
- Audio: Contains music related web applications
- Browsing: Browsers (Opera, Maxthon, FireFox), RSS readers, widgets, etc.
- Commerce and events: Online auctions, travel, real estate, concerts and conference web applications.
- Communications: E-mail, chat and voice web 2.0 software.
- Productivity: App suites, to-do lists, groupware.
- Publishing and photography: Blogging, content management, photo sites.
- Search and Reference: Search engines, encyclopedias, mapping.
- Social: Social networking, family sites, recommendations, online worlds, contests.
- Utility and Security: Infrastructure providers, storage, online protection.
- Video: Video storage, playback, streaming, editing, and animation.
You can vote for this award at: webware.com/html/ww/100/2008/index.html