Salesforce.com is the leader in web based crm services. They currently report more than 38,000 customers and since they offer web service apis, 700 additional applications were created by other developers.
Salesforce offers a plethora of features, and as an overview here is what you get by subscribing:
- Sales force automation application that allows managing more easily your sales data
- Customer service application, that includes call center and customer portal possibilities
- Partner Programs Management, application that offers an web interface for partner recruitment/relationship management, as well as an interface that each individual partner can use to better manage their need for funds, deals, etc.
- Marketing application, giving possibility to: manage your campaigns (search marketing, direct mail, email marketing), leads, create sales opportunities, analyze results (charts, graphs, responses, leads, revenue)
- Content management, through which salesforce allows your business users to share and manage all types of documents (media, office, web), offering tagging and rating abilities, as well as subscriptions.
- CRM analysis that gives specific insight for your sales and marketing analytics, as well as customer service analytics.
- Developer center, where you can either find other applications that integrate with salesforce (over 700) or have your own customized applications
Pricing: service is offered on a subscription model, prices starting at $600/year for 5 users
Free trial: they offer a free 30 day trial for Group/Professional and Enterprise editions, but also they have a free (limited) personal edition http://www.salesforce.com/products/editions-pricing/personal-edition/